Question: Although the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has recently announced a long list of accomplishments in improving National Security that may give the public an impression that safety and/or security is in good hands, has it adopted a number of measures that represent a significant backsliding on National Security?
The following report reveals the eye-opening answer to this question-You Decide:
Backsliding On National Security-The Immigration Connection-A Report Compiled By Jack Martin, Director of Special Projects On September 2009:
These are pertinent excerpts from this report:
In a public relations campaign that evokes the image of Orwellian “newspeak,” the Department of Homeland Security has announced a long list of accomplishments in improving national security while at the same time it has adopted a number of measures that represent a significant backsliding on national security. If only the rhetoric is heard, the public may think its safety is in good hands. If, however, recent actions concerning the illegal alien population and the flow of foreign nationals into and out of the country are examined, a very different picture emerges.
The areas in which rhetoric and action widely diverge include:
- A willingness to abandon progress on implementation of a secure identification system based on state-issued driver’s licenses using national standards for verification of “breeder” documents and electronic exchange of information among the states and the federal government.
- Restriction of federal-local cooperation in the apprehension of foreigners illegally in the country.
- Abandonment of a system to discourage further illegal immigration based on curtailing job opportunities for those in the country illegally.
- Pursuit of an amnesty for foreigners illegally in the country which will work at cross-purpose to efforts to gain greater border control by deterring illegal immigration.
While talking toughness on national security, the Obama Administration appears to give a higher priority to its relationship with narrow political interest groups that it courted in the last election than to reducing the nation’s exposure to the threat of international terrorism. And, while President Obama’s efforts to assure foreigners around the globe that Americans are their friends is commendable, it is no substitute for enhanced homeland security.
If the Obama Administration were seriously interested in advancing national security, it would:
- Reverse course and welcome the assistance of local jurisdictions that aggressively identify illegal aliens for deportation.
- Push for the E-Verify system to be adopted as a national requirement for all employers and all workers. In the meantime, implementation of the “no-match” letter screening system would represent a significant deterrent to the mass illegal immigration that Withdraw support for an amnesty for illegal aliens and, thereby, convey the message abroad that the United States is serious about enforcing its immigration laws.
- Rapidly pursue implementation of a comprehensive electronic database that matches entry and departure of foreign visitors, and expand the special tracking database for students to include all long-term visitors.
- Reverse the recent expansion of the Visa Waiver Program that allows the entry of nationals of 35 countries to enter without consular screening and gradually eliminate it.
- Tighten the criteria for admission of nationals of organizations of countries with active terrorist in the refugee and asylum programs.
I NT R O D U CT I O N:
The fact that there has been no repeat of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on American soil has apparently encouraged the current administration to think that the security measures that have been implemented since then can be relaxed. While many of the security lapses that allowed Al-Qaeda terrorists to take nearly 3,000 lives have been corrected—visa screening, for example—many of the needed reforms are still in the process of being implemented eight years later, and several of these reforms are now being undermined.
Of course, policymakers do not admit to trimming back on national security because they know that we are still living under the threat of attack by Al-Qaeda and other terrorist groups and that there are still major gaps in our security that continue to leave us vulnerable.
Security against international terrorism requires:
- effective intelligence collection overseas to identify plotters and their movements;
- effective screening of authorized travelers to the United States to screen out potential terrorists;
- effective control against illegal entry into the country; and
- effective counterterrorism operations within the United States to identify anyone who has managed to bypass the earlier controls as well as any U.S. residents who have been recruited into terrorism.
If DHS Secretary Napolitano and the Obama Administration recognize that the nation remains vulnerable to international terrorism, the question is why would they willingly relax our security in the face of this threat? The answer is that effective counterterrorism operations impinge on some influential domestic vested interests. Since security can never be absolutely assured, these vested interests insist that policymakers must balance enhanced security with their perception of other national interests and tilt that balance in their direction.”
Note: The following articles and/or blog posts and videos relate to and/or support the above report-You Decide:
Napolitano: Terrorists Enter America ‘From Time to Time’!-Posted on FrontPage Magazine-By Arnold Ahlert-On Aug 6, 2012:
Video: Congressman Steve King Hammers Napolitano On DREAM Act Policy!-Posted on Western Journalism-By JOEL VALENZUELA-On July 23, 2012:
Video: Proof That Terrorists Are Entering U.S. From Mexican Border!-Posted on Western Journalism-By JOEL VALENZUELA-On July 9, 2012:
Obama administration to offer Immunity to younger immigrants!-Posted on FoxNews.com-By Associated Press-On June 15, 2012:
Video: Breaking: Obama Just Legalized 800,000 Illegals Today!-Posted on Western Journalism-By DANIEL NOE-On June 15, 2012:
Video: Sheriff Joe: Arrest Obama’s Illegals!-Posted on Western Journalism-By DANIEL NOE-On June 15, 2012:
Bacteriological Attack on the U.S.!-Posted on TeaParty.org-By Katie Baker-On February 13, 2012:
Video: Abdullah Al-Nafisi – A biological attack on USA!-Posted on YouTube.com-By AFPhilosophy-On December 29, 2010:
INSURGENCY IN AMERICA?-Posted on The Blaze-By Buck Sexton-On February 7, 2012:
One Mexican State Bordering The US Was Deadlier Than All of Afghanistan Last Year!-Posted on CNSNews.com-By Edwin Mora-On January 18, 2012:
Iranian Plot Sparks Measure to Bolster Counterterrorism Efforts in Western Hemisphere!-Posted on Act for America!-By Jennifer Scholtes, CQ Staff-On October 17, 2011:
Hezbollah Gaining Strength in Latin America!-Posted on ShutKing.BlogPost.com-On July 17, 2011:
Video: Hezbollah Foothold Growing on Mexican Border!-Posted on ExposeObama.com-On July 20, 2011:
Video: AZ Sheriff: ‘Designate Mexican Drug Cartels as Terrorist Organizations’!-Posted on CNSNews.com-On June 30, 2011:
Video: Hezbollah On the Border!
PBS In Tandem With The State Department Smears Shelbyville To Advance Al Hijra (Muslim Immigration)!-Posted on Atlas Shrugs-On May 22, 2011:
Former Intelligence Agent: Terror Group Hezbollah Has Infiltrated Our Southern Border!-Posted on The Blaze-By Jonathon M. Seidl-On May 6, 2011:
EXCLUSIVE: DHS Can’t Account for 10 Libyan Men It Caught and Released Inside U.S.!-Posted on CNSNews.com-By Penny Starr-On April 22, 2011:
Environmental Laws Stymie Border Patrol’s Effectiveness, Report Says-Posted on CNSNews.com-By Edwin Mora-On April 19, 2011:
Senators: 3,000 More Troops Needed on Border-Posted on NewsMax.com-On April 20, 2010:
Arizona Sheriff Says Cops Are Being Killed by Illegal Aliens; Joins Call for U.S. Troops at Border-Posted on CNSNews.com-By Penny Starr-On April 20, 2010:
New Bill Would Battle The Lawlessness On Public Lands That Preceded Murder Of Rancher Robert Krentz-Posted on NumbersUSA.com-By Roy Beck-On April 14, 2010:
llegal Immigrant Suspected in Murder of Arizona Rancher-Posted on FOXNews.com-By William La Jeunesse-FOXNews.com-On March 30, 2010:
Napolitano Says People From Countries Tied to Terrorism Could ‘Potentially’ Enter USA, But DHS Reports Says Thousands Already Have-Posted on CNSNews.com-By Penny Starr, Senior Staff Writer-On March 01, 2010:
Border shocker: Radioactive material brought into U.S. by covert agents-Posted on Examiner.Com-By Jim Kouri, The Law Examiner -On February 22, 2010:
Mexican Drug Cartels Active Nationwide, Obama Administration Officials Say-Posted on CNSNews.com-By Penny Starr, Senior Staff Writer-On March 02, 2010:
AP IMPACT: Drug gangs taking over US public lands-Posted on Yahoo News-By ALICIA A. CALDWELL and MANUEL VALDES, Associated Press Writers-On March 1, 2010:
J-No’s World-Posted on NumbersUSA.Com-By Rosemary Jenks-On February 4, 2010:
Pres. Obama Proposes to Cut 180 Border Patrol Agents-Posted On NumbersUSA.Com-On February 2, 2010:
AG Holder Looks to Nail ‘America’s Sheriff’ Joe Arpaio-Posted On FamilySecurityMatters.Org-By Jim Kouri, CPP-On January 14, 2010:
Radical Amnesty Bill Introduced in House:
Immigration Reform Bill Undermines Enforcement:
Arizona Hosts Enormous Illegal Immigrant Population:
Misguided City ID Plan Undermines Security, Rewards Illegal Immigration:
Debate: Drivers licenses for Illegal immigrants in the US:
FBI Arrests Illegal Immigrants In N.M. Driver’s License Case:
N.M. Prison Clerk In Trouble For Calling ICE:
Note: The above articles and/or blog posts and videos relate to and/or support my following blog posts-You Decide:
Middle Eastern illegals find easy entrance into U.S. from Mexico!
U.S. Southwest Border Smuggling and Violence!
Why should terrorists be given the extraordinary protections that you and I have as American citizens?
Europe’s Looming Demise: Changes on the Continent Cloud Our Future!
Could Steps That Team Obama Has Taken Be Emboldening Terrorists?
New World Order By Executive Order!
The Russian View of What Has Been Happening In America!
Extensive Research Into Senator Obama’s Background Completed on November 3, 2008:
Where Is America Today?
Is it time to call for Obama’s resignation!
Washington Times Calls for Obama’s Impeachment!
A Nation Adrift Theme and Disclaimer:
“Food For Thought”
“God Bless & Keep Our USA Safe”